The benefits of virtual team work
- One of the main benefits of virtual teamwork is flexibility. Organisations are able to alter team configuration as challenges facing the team change.
- A team can be built using the best possible members available, sometimes from other organisations, using strategic alliances. This has been particularly helpful to teams using specialist or scarce skills.
- Virtual teams are generally not restricted by the geographical, time zone and organisational constraints faced by actual teams.
- For some businesses, speed is of the essence, and strategic locations around the globe can capitalise on this by using different time zones to their own advantage. Some international organisations never sleep, with projects being worked on continuously around the clock by virtual teams based in Europe, North America and the Far East.
- Efficiency savings can be made through reducing travel and relocation costs.