Former Wood Group CEO Bob Keiller visited the University of Aberdeen recently to deliver a talk to students interested in building a career in the oil and gas sector.
He was joined by Thor Holt, a communications expert, in a Business Storytelling Masterclass that was organised by the University’s student chapter of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
The masterclass, which took place at King’s College, was attended by 74 students, who heard from both men of the importance of creating a compelling story to enhance their career prospects and build their business.
Ibragim Tashim, SPE University of Aberdeen President, said: “It was an honour to welcome Bob Keiller and Thor Holt to the University, and to hear from them about the importance of storytelling in building a business and enhancing your career.
“Our guest speakers provided hidden tips on how to always deliver more than expected, and students have described the masterclass as one of the most impactful training seminars they have ever attended.
“We are grateful to Mr Keiller and Mr Thor for giving up their time to pass on their advice, and on behalf of the SPE University of Aberdeen I would like to thank them for delivering a thought provoking session.”
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Feb There are no items for February 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jun There are no items for June 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Aug There are no items for August 2017
- Sep There are no items for September 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017