Created by the University's founder, Bishop Elphinstone, King's College Chapel has been at the heart of the University of Aberdeen since 1505, serving as an enduring and beautiful reminder of our foundations.
As a member of the Friends of King’s College Chapel you will greatly benefit the ongoing life and faith of the Chapel community.
The Chapel’s Crown Tower remains one of the most adored and stunning emblems of our university, recognised by friends, alumni and benefactors around the world. Underneath it sits the equally beautiful Chapel sanctuary, a space of tranquillity, peace, and remembrance.
We are extremely fortunate that several of the Chapel’s original features from 1505 remain and now complement features which have been added through the centuries. The survival of the 52 original exquisitely carved choir stalls is unique in Scotland.
Other features include a war memorial, an Aubertin organ of international distinction, a set of stunning stained-glass windows and the tomb of Bishop Elphinstone. The most recent addition is a beautiful missal stand which was funded by an alumna in memory of her mother.
We hold a wide range of events, recitals, and services in King’s College Chapel and as a member of the Friends you will be kept fully informed of them all. To join us today and keep King’s College Chapel vibrant and active for future generations please complete this form.
If you wish to make a further donation, please visit the Development Trust donation form and choose “King's College Chapel” from the drop down menu.
Friends will be eligible to receive the following benefits according to which category of membership they fit into:
Member: Bi-annual newsletter – January and August
£60 or more per year (£24 for recent graduates -2 years or less- and students)
- Annual University of Aberdeen Concert Series brochure mailed out
- Advance opportunity to purchase Choir of King's College CDs
- Invitation to our annual Friends' Drinks Party and Evensong in September
- Discounted tickets for selected Chapel Concerts
- Discounted tickets for exclusive events, tours and talks
- Reserved seats at special Chapel services and Carol Service in St Machar's Cathedral
Supporter: £240 or more per year
- 50% discount on latest CD by Choir of King's College
- Complimentary tickets for selected Chapel Concerts
- Reserved seats at the annual Christmas Carol Service and all annual University services
- Complimentary tickets for exclusive events, tours and talks
Associate: £600 or more per year
- Reserved seats at all major Chapel events and services (St Machar Cathedral Christmas Carol Service, Founders' Day, Remembrance etc)
- A complimentary copy of all newly-released CDs by the Choir of King's College
- A personal acknowledgment in the University’s Annual Donors’ list