Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Unit
The Core Aims of the AMR Unit are:
- Identify new antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory naturally produced molecules from within our large collections of environmental and gut commensal bacteria.
- Mitigate infection through expanding the healthy microbiome and stimulating appropriate host responses.
- Antimicrobial stewardship to ensure effective use of current antimicrobials for infection prevention and control, and reduce the emergence and spread of drug resistance.
Future Impacts for Science and Industry will be:
- Development and introduction of new diagnostic tests to assist clinical decision making.
- Development of novel therapeutics