We would like to announce the 2017 STAR (Students Taking Active Roles) Award Enterprise Employability Award which is sponsored by the Enterprise Holdings Foundation. This Award is designed so that STAR Award students can showcase their student skills and co-curricular achievement which they have developed during the STAR Award. The competition is open to STAR Award students at ALL levels – so everyone has a chance to shine!
The prizes will be as follows: 1st = £500, 2nd = £200, 3rd = £100.
How to Enter
Submit ONE of the following:
- A video. Videos should be 1-2 minutes long, in whichever format you prefer (filming yourself on a smartphone is perfectly acceptable) and shared via a private YouTube or Google Drive link.
- A 500 word reflective piece. Written reflective entries should be submitted in Microsoft Word format. To enhance your entry, you could include 1-3 captioned photos that showcase your STAR Award experience.
- Files must be presented in JPEG format at a maximum file size of 2MB per image. If successful, entrants will be required to submit a high resolution file of their image.
Your submission should cover:
- What has been the most beneficial part of the STAR Award for you?
- How will prize money help you in future and aid your employability?
- Why should you be awarded a prize?
Email your entry to email@example.com. The deadline has been extended to Friday 9th June 2017.
Individual student entries will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The extent to which the submission markets and raises awareness of the ethos of STAR.
- The ability to extol to the wider student community the impact of the STAR Award on you.
- The capability to showcase how the STAR Award has enhanced your employability.
- The ability to portray how receipt of the prize would aid your employability.
- The competition is open to any current STAR Award student in the academic year 2016-17.
- A panel of Careers Service and Enterprise-Rent-A-Car staff will consider the entries. The judging process will consider the relative merit of each STAR student entry against the criteria.
- The panel will select competition winners in June. The prizes will be awarded. In addition students will receive university recognition for their prize on their Enhanced Transcript (note: Unfortunately this will not be possible for final year students).
- Winning entries will be used to market the Award to future STAR cohorts.
- Other commendable entries will also be featured on the Careers Service website.
The Winning Entries from 2015/16
1st Prize, £750 - Daniel Kaminek, MA (Hons) Politics and International Relations student and School Convenor.
2nd Prize, £500 - Lindsay Ross, MA (Hons) History student and President of the Aberdeen Women's Football Club.
3rd Prize, £250 - Kaitlyn Dynes, final year Medicine (MBChB) student and Peer-Assisted Learning (PAL) Team Leader.
Congratulations to all of our competition winners!