There are a wide range of opportunities to improve your skills and attributes beyond those within the Co-curriculum. In a competitive graduate job market it is important to stand out from the crowd.
Vacation work, placements and internships are great ways to develop your employability skills. For further details on the range of opportunities available visit the jobs and work experience section.
Undertaking study abroad demonstrates initiative and independence to employers and postgraduate recruiters.
- Erasmus Exchange Programme - offering students the opportunity to study or work in another European country as part of their degree programme.
- International Exchange Programme - The University has exchange opportunities in America, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
AUSA (Aberdeen University Students’ Association)
AUSA has a wide range of opportunities for you to engage with at university.
- Representation - Consider representing the student body as an Academic Representative or as a member of the SA Council or Executive Committee. More information.
- Societies and sport - Make the most of your time at University by joining a society or sports club. If there is not already one that suits your interests you can set one up!
- Volunteering - AUSA has their own volunteering service tailored for students. Find an opportunity that suits you and make a difference locally.
Volunteering is a great way to gain valuable skills and experience. There are a wide range of opportunities throughout the UK and abroad. Further information can be found on our volunteering and part-time work page. It is important to articulate what you have learned and developed through these experiences to employers and postgraduate recruiters. To get started visit our CVs, applications and interviews section.