The Careers and Employability Service receives funding from Santander Universities SME Internship Scheme to offer a range of internships with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Opportunities are available part-time or full-time, and range from 2 to 10 weeks in duration.
Benefits to you
- Paid employment in an SME.
- Gain workplace experience.
- Demonstrate your skills and creativity.
- Input to projects and business development.
- Enhance your employability, CV and work preparedness.
Great opportunity. It is important to bring SMEs closer to students who are looking to expand their work experience and gain practical skills.
Rosa Uusikyla, Santander Marketing Intern, AISUS
Internships are open to final year matriculated students (undergraduates and postgraduates) at the University of Aberdeen and those who graduated from the University within the last two years. Check advertised internships for suitability as criteria differs depending upon organisational requirements. Please ensure you read and agree with all terms and conditions. You may apply to a maximum of 3 internship opportunities.
- Successful individuals will be paid a minimum salary of £306.25 per week, and depending on the type of employment may receive other expenses and benefits.
- Internships can be full-time or part-time.
- You must consider your eligibility to work in the UK to undertake an Internship. Details regarding work eligibility and visas can be found at www.ukcisa.org.uk.
- The organisation offering the internship will pay you directly and provide you with a contract of employment, detailing duties and responsibilities, hours of work, induction, location of work, health & safety and holiday entitlement. You will be treated as any other employee within the organisation.
- Internships usually start in May or June, but can have a flexible start date.
- Applications will usually be in the form of a covering letter and CV. These will be collated by the Careers Service. Applications will then be forwarded to the organisation for selection.
- Before submitting your internship application ensure that you receive feedback on your draft application from the Careers Service. Book an appointment on CareerConnect.
- Internship offers are made by the host SME.
- You are required to complete a short, online Santander feedback form at the end of the internship.
- You can only undertake 1 Santander-subsidised internship with an SME.
The Santander internship allowed me to meet and form networks. I enjoyed being part of a great team, my own skills were greatly developed due to this opportunity. I now have an enhanced appreciation of some of the challenges the Third Sector faces in Aberdeen.
Lina Dimitrova, Santander Intern, Aberdeen Council of Voluntary Organisations (ACVO)
Relationship with Santander UK
Please note that when an internship is agreed, your details are passed to Santander UK for their records and business use. This may result in you being contacted by them.
The Careers Service will advertise internships as they become available on CareerConnect.