I joined the Business School, University of Aberdeen, as a Research Assistant in April 2015, rising to the position of a Research Fellow in March 2017. I obtained my PhD in Economics from the University of Dundee, where I also worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant and Consultant to the Academic Skill Centre & Numerate Campus Group between 2013 and 2016. My current research at the University focuses on “Globalisation, Labour Markets and the Welfare State, a NORFACE Welfare State Futures project, together with Prof Catia Montagna (Project PI), and Holger Görg (IFW-Kiel) and Fredrik Sjöholm (Lund University).
- Search and Matching frictions
- Labour Markets and Policies
- Macroeconomic Dynamics
- “Reforming the Liberal Welfare State: International Shocks, Unemployment and Household Income Shares”, with H. Molana and C. Montagna
- “Employment's Responsiveness to Output and Labor Market Policies: Evidence from OECD Countries”, with H. Görg, C. Hornok, and C. Montagna
- “De-Globalisation and Labour Market Matching with Two-Sided Heterogeneity”, with H. Molana and C. Montagna
- “Competitive Selection, Globalisation and the Welfare State”, with H. Molana and C. Montagna
Papers Close to Submission
- “Comparing Welfare States: Openness, Shocks and Job Recovery”, with H. Molana and C. Montagna.
- “Fiscal and Labour Market Policies in a General Equilibrium Model with Imperfect Competition and Search and Matching”.
- “Job Competition, Job Creation and Labour Market Policies”.
- “Trade shocks, Welfare State Regimes, and Employment”, with H. Görg, D. Kopasker, H. Molana, C. Montagna, and F. Sjöholm.
- “Unemployment Dynamics and Openness to International Trade and Capital Mobility”.
Papers in Progress
- “Underemployment: Part- vs Full-Time Jobs”, with H. Molana and C. Montagna.
- “Labour Market Matching and Employment Volatility: Theory and Evidence”, Dr D. Kopasker, H. Molana, and C. Montagna.
- “The EU Welfare States in a DSGE Model with Frictional Labour Market”, with Yu-Fu Chen, H. Molana, and C. Montagna.
- Further Info
Sholarships and Grants
- Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE) +3 PhD Scholarship
- Chancellor's International Student Scholarship, University of Sussex (2010/2011)
- SIRE grant for Topics in Estimation of DSGE models at the University of Glasgow (April 2016).
- SIRE grant for Numerical Methods at the University of Glasgow (June 2014)
- SIRE grant for Summer DSGE Course at the University of Surrey (September. 2014)
- Royal Economic Society grant for DSGE Course at University of Surrey (September 2014)