Work-based Projects are curriculum based projects, originating within an organisation and undertaken by students as part of their degree studies. These are an integral part of the students’ degree for which they gain academic credit; there is therefore no requirement to pay a salary.
Supporting work-based projects provides many benefits to your organisation:
- Develop greater links between industry and the University, sharing knowledge and expertise beyond the project.
- Fresh insights into your business areafrom enthusiastic students who can provide new perspective.
- Address a business need: Propose a project topic which meets a requirement within your organisation.
- Recruitment benefits:Raising your company profile amongst relevant students with the opportunity to subsequently recruit the student into a graduate role.
- Enhanced Employability: Providing a project allows students to develop valuable employability skills.
Work-based Projects are an integral part of programmes at both Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate level.