Thank you for your interest in the University of Aberdeen Career Mentoring Programme.
What do we expect from our Mentors?
- Prepare fully for involvement in the programme.
- Be able to commit to 1-2 hours per month to the mentorship (June - December for Medicine Stream, February - July for Engineering for January start students and November - April for all other streams). Mentors can interact with their mentee either face-to-face or virtually, by phone, email or Skype.
- Demonstrate a positive approach towards University of Aberdeen students and be motivated by the need to support their career development.
- Demonstrate a receptive and non-judgemental attitude towards University of Aberdeen students of any gender, sexual identity, ethnic origin, culture, religion or who may have a disability.
- Show a willingness to be open and to share their experiences and advice.
- Provide the institution with feedback on their experience to help us plan future developments.
- Celebrate their mentoring partnership and achievements with the institution.
The online registration form should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
To complete the registration you will need to attach either a current CV or a link to a professional online profile, e.g. LinkedIn.