The University of Aberdeen Careers Service is offering Small and Medium sized organisations the opportunity to have a current student or recent graduate work for them for a period of between 1 to 10 weeks and receive up to £1500.
The internships usually start in May/June, but there is flexibility with this and we are happy to offer internships at other times of year. All internships must have started by September.
- Types of internships you can offer
- Internship proposal form, and next steps
- Salary, payment and contract of employment
- Relationship with Santander UK
- Contacting us
- This is aimed at Small and Medium size organisations employing up to 250 people, and with a maximum of £50 million annual turnover.
- You must commit to paying a current student or recent graduate a minimum of £300 per week for the duration of the internship.
- You can be a local or national based organisation from any industry or sector.
These can be very broad and we are looking for internship opportunities from all employment areas including Businesss and Marketing, Life Sciences, Computer Science/IT, Food & Drink, 3rd Sector, Social Enterprises, Social Sciences, and more!
The internships can be a great way to bring innovative ideas to existing projects, have a fresh pair of eyes on your business, fill existing skills or workforce gaps, or head up dedicated projects and campaigns.
As a small business we have really benefitted from having two Santander Interns, which has helped enormously as this is our very busiest time, but the best thing of all is having people working with us who are keen to learn!
Penny Lewns, MCIEEM CEnv, Protected Species Ecology Ltd.
Complete the Internship Proposal Form ensuring you read and agree to the Terms & Conditions [PROPOSAL FORM WILL BE AVAILABLE LATE 2017].
- Once confirmed, we will advertise the internship to our students and/or recent graduates. They will submit their CV and application to the Careers Service, and we will then forward to you for the decision making process.
- Internship proceeds and you receive payment half way through the internship.
- Internship concludes, and feedback evaluation is completed.
- We advise that you will pay the Intern via your payroll and make deductions as appropriate.
- Santander, via the University of Aberdeen, will pay you the full amount, as agreed, dependent upon the length of the internship via our accounts payable department once the intenrship begins. The University is not involved with the payment process between Intern and the organisation. Any additional costs, such as holiday and sick pay, will be met by the organisation as appropriate.
- Internships up to 2 weeks in length will receive £300 per week towards the total cost of employing the intern.
- Internships between 3-10 weeks in length can receive £150 per week to a maximum of £1500 per internship, towards the total cost of employing the intern.
- All internships are based on a standard 35 hour week. In some instances part time internships can be agreed, please speak to us in the first instance.
- We will register you on our finance system and ask you to invoice the University of Aberdeen. No VAT is applied to the invoice.
- Please note that it can take 30 days to receive the payment once we have received your invoice.
Please note that your details are passed to Santander UK as part of this funding agreement. This may result in being contacted by Santander with a view to setting up an informal meeting to discuss business needs. This initial contact is not pursued unless both parties agree.
Please contact the Careers Service for further details. Tel: +44 (0)1224 273601.