The University of Aberdeen provides support for students and staff who want to become entrepreneurs or learn about entrepreneurship and enterprise.
- Enterprise Campus provides support for post-graduate students to start businesses
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship events for students are provided by the University's Career's Service
- The Scottish Programme for Entrepreneurship offers support in enterprise and entrepreneurship in an educational context
Research and Innovation's Commercialisation team provides support and guidance on knowledge exchange and technology development projects including:
- Commercialisation routes
- Connecting and working with industry and social enterprises
- Commercial agreements and contracts
- Managing and protecting IP
- Evaluating inventions
- Filing patents
- Spinning out new companies
- Postgraduate students
Enterprise Campus provides support for post-graduate students who are interested in starting a business. The University of Aberdeen hosts Enterprise Campus North.
The Research & Innovation Commercialisation team provides support for protection of IP and for commercialisation of business ideas and inventions from postgraduate students. We also try and assist in sourcing funding to support any inventions arising out of research projects. The following links may be helpful:
- Undergraduate students
The following sources may provide information and support to undergraduate students seeking to commercialise a business idea or invention.