Organisation Engagement (NDC and R&I)
The National Decommissioning Centre (NDC) is operated by The University of Aberdeen who is the Data Controller. The Research and Innovation (R&I) Team are part of the University’s Professional Services, working closely with colleagues in the University’s Schools and the NDC. A record of customer engagement is maintained for the purpose of improving the quality of our communications and develop our relationship with customers and organisations.
Information that we collect and use about you
The University collects and uses the following personal information about people relating to our work and research.
(Please note that we do not hold all categories of personal information for all contacts, and the list may not be exhaustive.)
- Your personal details: your title and names
- Your organisations contact details: postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers
- Your contact preferences
- Your organisation
- Your research/business interests and specialities
- Project details, including description, collaborators, and primary contacts
- Your enquiries to us and visits to our websites
We collect this information either directly from you or your organisation or from the following sources.
- Engagement at conferences and events
- The University’s research partners
- Public sources including social media
Why we process this information, and our lawful basis
We collect and use your personal information to ensure we can effectively communicate with our key contacts and partners to assist with the purpose of research, collaboration and promotion of our events.
The lawful bases on which the University routinely processes your personal information is:
- To enable the University to deliver its public tasks to promote research and development. As part of this promotion, we may also contact you with information about the University and the activities and opportunities it provides where relevant to your research interests and specialities.
Disclosing your information
The University routinely shares your personal information in the following ways:
- Internally within other business areas of the University of Aberdeen, including specific Academic Schools
- Externally with organisations, where necessary, for development of project partnerships and to administer projects.
- The University of Aberdeen Development Trust
The third party suppliers we use for IT support also have access to your personal information in order to provide these services to the University.
We may disclose personal information to other recipients in exceptional circumstances or when required to do so by law.
We will transfer your personal information to countries and organisations outside the UK where necessary to administer projects. We have agreements in place with our partners to safeguard your information.
How long your information is kept
The University retains personal information of contacts from organisations for a period of three years following your last contact with the University.
Should you object to your personal data being processed we will remove the personal data from our CRM, however a copy of your request to remove personal data will be retained, to prevent you from being inadvertently contacted in future.
Queries about how your data is processed can be addressed to the Information Governance Team at email@example.com and you can also contact the Information Commission (ICO) for guidance or to raise concern.