Our Mission is to promote an appreciation of the beauty, diversity and importance of plants, and an understanding of their role in the natural world
We aim to do that by
- maintaining and developing a correctly named, professionally curated, and nationally important collection of living plants
- providing a resource to support education in plant biology for students, schoolchildren and the general public
- displaying the collection in an attractive and informative manner that both promotes knowledge and interest in plants, and provides delight and inspiration for all who pass through the Garden.
- pursuing horticultural excellence
- conserving and displaying native species of local and national importance.
- using environmentally-friendly gardening practices, which encourage wildlife in the Garden
- providing research facilities for the School of Biological Sciences