The University of Aberdeen has a variety of venues suitable for events, from meeting rooms to larger venues suitable for hosting a dinner dance. We are also delighted to be able to offer alumni a 50% discount on room hire and 15% discount on catering costs.
Some of the most popular venues on campus and their dining capacity are listed below:
If you would like to book any of these venues we can put you in touch with our Conference and Events Office.
There are several things to consider when searching for an external venue. You need to decide what is most important: venue, location or atmosphere? If you have a clear idea of what you are looking for it should help narrow down your search for the venue.
Make sure you choose a menu that will appeal to all guests including those of different religions and make sure there is a vegetarian option. As for seating, you might want to think of a seating plan if you are inviting more than 20 people to your event. Ask guests to confirm their dietary or seating requirements when they book.
Helpful questions to ask the venue
- Is there a minimum spend? - Some venues will add this and you have to pay it even if your bill doesn’t come close to the amount.
- What is included in the cost? - Some venues will charge you a package price while others will charge separately for everything.
- Is insurance included?
- Do they charge a service charge?
- Is there a deposit and is it refundable?
- Is there a booking fee?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- When is the final balance due?
- Is VAT included?