Interdisciplinary team science is fundamental to our activities and ensures the Centre is an environment for sharing, learning and developing.
Our members champion our work, promote our visibility and drive an ethos that values contribution, encourages sharing of expertise and celebrates success.
Director for DaSH
- Senior Leadership Team
- Associate Directors
Dr Jillian Evans
Jillian Evans is Director of NHS Grampian Health Intelligence, a data intensive health service team, with expertise and leadership in Learning Health System philosophy which forms a core pillar to NHS Grampian strategy.
Dr Heather Morgan
Heather May Morgan is a Lecturer in Applied Health Sciences. She is a multidisciplinary social scientist who focuses on the use of digital technologies (apps and wearables) to generate health-related data and manage health, both within and beyond formal healthcare.
Professor Nir Oren
Nir Oren is Head of Computing Science, and a Professor of Computing Science at the University of Aberdeen.
His research interests revolve around decision making in automated systems and the explanation of those decisions, as well as human-machine collaboration.
Dr John Thomson
John Thomson is a Consultant Gastroenterologist, Clinical Lead for the Acute Electronic Record in NHS Grampian and the Digital Health Consultant for Scottish Government’s Modern Patient Pathway Program. He has varied expertise and interests that coalesce around using health data well, making digital health great for the user and the sustainability of healthcare systems.
Dr Gordon Waiter
Gordon Waiter is Director of the Aberdeen Biomedical Imaging Centre and a Senior Lecturer in Computational Neuroimaging and MRI Physics at the University of Aberdeen. His research interests are in applying computational techniques, such as machine learning, to address clinical questions related to the developing and ageing brain.
- Institute Administration Coordinator
I joined the ACHDS team as the centre's Institute Administration Coordinator in December 2019. Previously I worked as an administrator for a Social Care Charity for over 20 years. I am really enjoying supporting everything Health Data Science and please feel free to get in touch. Visit Gail's profile
- ACHDS Staff
- Dr Nouf Abutheraa Research Fellow
- Mr Krzys Adamczyk Research Coordinator, Grampian Data Safe Haven (DaSH)
- Professor Lesley Anderson Chair in Health Data Science
- Mr William Ball Research Fellow
- Miss Ewelina Bieszczad Research Assistant
- Professor Corri Black Personal Chair (Clinical), Professor of Public Health
- Dr Dimitra Blana Lecturer
- Mrs Moragh Boyle Research Project Manager
- Miss Diane Brown Research Co-ordinator
- Dr Jessica Butler Analytical Lead/Research Fellow
- Mr Gary Cooper Information Security Manager, Grampian Data Safe Haven (DaSH)
- Dr Lucia D'Ambruoso Senior Lecturer
- Miss Clarisse De Vries Research Fellow
- Jaroslaw Dymiter Analyst and Programmer, Grampian Data Safe Haven (DaSH)
- Dr Luke Farrow PhD Student
- Ms Karolyn Gaston Research Assistant
- Dr Sharon Gordon Programme Co-ordinator
- Dr Adalia Ikiroma
- Moses Ikpeme Lecturer (Scholarship)
- Dr Warren James Research Fellow
- Mr Michael Lackenby Junior Analyst
- Dr Ka-Kin Lam Research Fellow
- Dr Joanne Lumsden Lead Programme Coordinator, Grampian Data Safe Haven (DaSH)
- Mr Adrian Martin Analyst and Programmer, Grampian Data Safe Haven (DaSH)
- Mrs Gail Mew Institute Administration Coordinator
- Ms Vicky Munro Research Coordinator, Grampian Data Safe Haven (DaSH)
- Kate O'Sullivan Operations Lead, Grampian Data Safe Haven (DaSH)
- Ms Nouf Rasheed PhD Student
- Dr Helen Rowlands Analyst and Programmer
- Mr Bradley Scott PhD Student
- Professor Shantini Paranjothy Clinical Chair in Public Health
- Dr Kusum Singal Research Fellow
- Dr Simon Sawhney Senior Clinical Lecturer
- Miss Kadie-Ann Sterling Research Assistant
- Miss Emma-Louise Tarburn PhD Student
- Ms Katie Wilde Digital Research Services Manager
- ACHDS Members, Associate Members and Research Partners
- Professor Pamela Abbott Chair in Education, Professional Learning PGT
- Dr Rosalind Adam Senior Clinical Lecturer
- Dr Dolapo Ayansina Research Fellow
- Dr Sohinee Bhattacharya Senior Lecturer
- Professor Siladitya Bhattacharya Chair in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Dr Mairead Black Senior Clinical Lecturer
- Dr Hanne Bruhn Research Fellow
- Ms Romi Carriere Research Postgraduate
- Dr Carl Counsel Reader (Clinical)
- Professor Maggie Cruickshank Personal Chair (Clinical)
- Professor Peter Edwards Chair in Computing Science
- Mr Jon Eilbeck, Head of Programmes and Development, Dept of eHealth, NHS Grampian
- Jillian Evans
- Dr Rosemary Hollick Senior Clinical Lecturer
- Dr Lisa Iversen Research Fellow
- Dr Naomi Jacobs Honorary Research Fellow, Computing Science
- Dr Marjorie Johnston, Honorary Clinical Lecturer
- Dr Andrew Keen, Clinical Lead for Innovation, NHS Grampian
- Mrs Mina Khezrian, Research Assistant
- Professor Amanda Lee Chair in Medical Statistics
- Dr Gerald Lip, Clinical Director North East Scotland Breast Screening Programme, Consultant Radiologist, NHS Grampian
- Dr Andrew McLean Honrary Research Fellow
- Dr Angus Macleod Senior Clinical Lecturer
- Dr MaryJoan MacLeod Senior Clinical Lecturer
- Dr Chris McNeil Research Fellow
- Dr Milan Markovic Research Fellow
- Dr Kathryn Martin Lecturer
- Professor Zofia Miedzybrodzka Personal Chair (Clinical)
- Dr Rosie Mitchell-Hay Consultant Radiologist, NHS Grampian & Honorary Clinical Lecturer
- Dr Heather Morgan Lecturer
- Dr Brian Morrisey, Radiologist, NHS Grampian, SCREDS Lecturer
- Professor Peter Murchie Personal Chair (Clinical)
- Professor Alison Murray Emeritus Professor
- Dr Mintu Nath Senior Lecturer
- Dr Rumana Newlands Research Fellow
- Professor Nir Oren Personal Chair, Computing Science
- Professor Craig Ramsay Director of Health Services Research Unit
- Professor Ehud Reiter Chair in Computing Science
- Dr Magda Rzewuska Research Fellow
- Dr Anca Sandu-Giuraniuc Research Fellow
- Dr Bernhard Scheliga Digital Research Specialist
- Dr Neil Scott Research Fellow
- Professor Val Speirs Chair in Molecular Oncology
- Dr Gowri Sripada Senior Lecturer
- Dr Roger Staff Honorary Professor
- Mr Shaun Stone Research Postgraduate
- Professor Norval Strachan Chair in Physics
- Flavio Sares Correa da Silva
- Dr Diane Swallow SCREDS Clinical Lecturer
- Mr Musa Tanimu Karatu, Research Postgraduate
- Mrs Manimekalai Thiruvothiyur Research Fellow
- John Thomson
- Dr Melanie Turner Research Fellow
- Professor Steve Turner Honorary Professor
- Professor Wamberto Vasconcelos Personal Chair, Computing Science
- Dr Rute Vieira Lecturer
- Gordon Waiter
- Dr Pauline Williams Honorary Research Fellow
- Dr Struan Wilkie Consultant Radiologist, Clinical Lead for RIS/PACS NHS Grampian
- ACHDS Graduate Associates
Dr Lina Altayeb, Lina trained as a pharmacist in Sudan where she undertook a master’s in Clinical Pharmacy in 2012. In 2016, she was awarded the Elphinstone scholarship by the University of Aberdeen and started her PhD with Dr Simon Sawhney studying the use, safety and effectiveness of medicines in kidney disease using routinely collected health data. Lina’s project has been funded by the NHS endowment grant on successful application. Her research interests include chronic diseases, patient safety, pharmacoepidemiology, drug utilization and health informatics.
Dr Dorota Chapko Dorota completed her PhD in 2016 and worked with Prof Alison Murray and Prof Corri Black as a Post-doctoral research fellow looking at age-related cognitive, emotional and physical functioning decline and investigating how occupational profile and childhood intelligence contribute to this triad of impairment in late life.
Jennifer Hove MPH PhD student at the University of Witwatersrand. Her PhD investigates the role of community participation in improving health using a participatory action research approach in rural South Africa. She previously worked as processing officer at Zimbabwe. Her career took a complete shift in 2009 when she moved to South Africa and worked for a Public Health organisation where she also obtained MPH. She has been working in rural South Africa and her quest is to advocate and promote equity in health.
Denny Mabetha BNutr Qualified dietitian currently working as a coordinator for VAPAR Project, serves as a link between Wits/Agincourt HDSS and Mpumalanga Department of Health and other Departments at Province and District levels. Denny is currently studying towards her postgraduate Master of Science in Field epidemiology at the University of the Witwatersrand.
Dr Oladapo B. Oladeinde MBBS MSc Medical doctor trained at University of Benin, Nigeria graduated 2008. Associate fellow of National Post graduate Medical College of Nigeria. MSc (distinction) Global Health and Management in 2019 University of Aberdeen. Since 2011, clinician in Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital rural Nigeria. Supports generation of quality data shaping policies to strengthen health systems in Nigeria and sub Saharan Africa at large.
Dr Shifa Sarica, Shifa completed her PhD in 2018 Evaluating the health burden of autoimmune disease with Dr Neil Basu and Prof Corri Black.
Deen Tissera BSc (Hons) MSc PhD candidate in Public Health at the University of Aberdeen holds a Master’s degree in Global Health and Management. Vice Chair and Councillor for George St Community Council involved in a local community food initiative to tackle food poverty. Also involved in a number of health projects globally, including war zone volunteering and humanitarian disaster relief missions in Sri Lanka.
Dr Oghenebrume Wariri MBBS MSc FWACP (Paed) Medical doctor trained at University of Benin, Nigeria and Paediatrician Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe and Jos University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria. Master of Science (MSc) Global Health and Management (distinction) University of Aberdeen. Wariri works the MRC Unit the Gambia at the LSHTM as a research Clinician on vaccinology research.
- ACHDS Industry Partners