It is anticipated the day will start at 09.30 and finish at 17.30. The topics covered will include:
- Diet Diaries
- 24 Hour Recall and Diet Histories
- Food Frequency Questionnaires
- NetWISP Practical
- Discussion Sessions
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Downlaod a detailed programme.
It is anticipated that day one will start at 09.30. The course will end at approximately 17.30 days 1 and 2, and 15.30 on day 3.
Lunch, refreshments and the course dinner on day 1 are included in the delegate fee. Download a detailed programme.
Topics covered will include:
- Welcome and Introduction
- Dietary assessment - Future directions
- Harnessing IT for dietary assessment
- Secondary analysis of datasets: household food and drink purchasing; and commercial food purchasing data
- Dietary patterns analysis a powerful tool?
- Harmonising consumption datasets
- Diet scores: When to use?
- Validtaion and comparison techniques
- Biomarkers of intake and nutrient uptake. Case studies: lipids, vitamin D and B vitamins
- Challenges of identifying biomarkers Case study: zinc
- Energy expenditure and urinary nitrogen for validation
- Error and calibration in dietary assessment
- Future directions in food composition
- 'Omics: identifying markers of dietary intake
The course is highly interactive in nature and includes debates; workshops and meet the expert sessions on topics such as "Challenges in dietary data collection" and "Is it possible to assess dietary intake?".