Important things to consider when looking for accommodation in the private sector:-
- Do not pay any money upfront
- It is preferable to view accommodation personally or send a friend or relative to view it on your behalf before accepting it
- Check that it has a Landlord Registration (all landlords should be registered with Aberdeen City Council)
- Does it need an HMO (House of Multiple Occupancy)? This is required for accommodation with three or more flatmates
- Make sure you sign a lease
- Ensure that any deposit you pay is deposited into a Scottish Government approved tenancy deposit scheme
Please do not hesitate to contact the Accommodation department if you need any further information.