A Safe Campus – Commitment to Health and Safety

A Safe Campus – Commitment to Health and Safety

If you’re new to the University, or attending campus for the first time, our orientation programme will introduce you to our campus and all the different systems and departments we share here, as a way of helping you to settle in.

Returning students orientation acts as a refresher of all the essential information needed to ensure you know everything that is available to you throughout your time at University.

You can also find specific School Information and Academic Induction details on the New Student website which will include induction dates, reading lists and assessment details.

Keep an eye on your University emails for a series of informative communications taking you through the process and steps to getting started at the University of Aberdeen.  


We offer free and regular lateral flow testing (LFT) at our on-campus testing centre. For centre opening times and further information visit our Testing website.

LFT kits are also available to take home, or can be collected from chemists or ordered online.

If you are presenting Covid-19 symptoms you must self-isolate and contact NHS Scotland to arrange a test.


Students over 18, or who turn 18 on or before 31 October 2021, should aim to be fully vaccinated before attending the Aberdeen campus. It’s not currently a requirement for international students to be fully vaccinated before studying in the UK, but we strongly advise that you do receive your vaccines before you travel. You can find more information on our Vaccination page.

If you need to get a vaccination after you’ve arrived in Aberdeen a drop-in vaccination centre will be available in Elphinstone Hall. For more information on local testing centres visit the NHS Grampian Vaccination website.

We are following Scottish Government guidance on face coverings. Unless exempt, you are required to wear a face covering indoors in a public space or on public transport in Scotland (please note this guidance may vary in other parts of the UK).