Dear staff and students
As you are aware, the Scottish Government has announced plans to provide access to Covid-19 tests for University students in Aberdeen towards the end of term.
The University is working closely with the Scottish Government to set up our own test facility to deliver this service to students intending to leave campus over the winter break.
We are looking for staff and students who feel that they could undertake one of a number of roles at the testing centre.
We emailed some cohorts of students and staff about this last Friday and have already had a good level of responses – thanks to all who have come forward. This is our second and final call and expressions of interest are requested by 9am on Monday 23 November.
Details are still being finalised but some outline information is detailed below:
- The centre is expected to open on Monday 30 November for 10 days in the first instance at the Old Aberdeen campus. More details will follow.
- We are seeking staff and students who could help by undertaking the roles required at the centre.
- Training modules will be available to support induction and must be completed before starting. This will be online training during week commencing 23 November as well as onsite induction on 28 November.
- Those recruited will be asked to cover shifts.
- For staff, there would need to be agreement with line managers to be released from other duties.
- For undergraduate students, the times will need to fit with their studies and would have to be agreed with their Programme Leads.
- For PhD students, the approval of supervisors will be needed.
- Students will receive payment for their work.
Some of the roles represent an opportunity for students on healthcare programmes, i.e. Honours BSc or PhD students or for staff with a biomedical background. Other roles are open to all staff and students to consider.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please submit your expression of interest by competing this form by 9am on Monday 23 November. Those assigned to roles will be contacted on Monday or Tuesday of next week.
Acting Director of Operations