The Friends of Word membership scheme has been developed to enable individuals to support the ongoing growth and sustainability of the Word Festival. This support assists the Word Festival to attract authors, thinkers and commentators from all over the world to the University of Aberdeen for a fabulous weekend of readings, poetry, music and film screenings. Friends of Word will receive a range of benefits including:
- Advanced copy of the Word Programme and priority booking period ahead of the general public
- Concession rate on all priced tickets - Single memberships are permitted to 2 tickets per event at this rate and a double membership is 4 tickets per event
- Exclusive 'Friends' Badge that will allow priority entrance into busy venues so you don't need to queue
- Reserved seating for Friends in each festival venue
- Invitation for you and a friend to attend the festival launch event
- Invitation to an exclusive Friends only event
- 3 drinks Vouchers redeemable in the Word Cafe
- Exclusive goodie bag and in store discount voucher from Waterstone's
- 25% off at Waterstone's bookshop over the festival weekend
* Please note that the Waterstone's discount voucher is only valid at the Union Bridge Branch, Trinity Centre, Aberdeen. Friends of Word will receive their goodie bag during the Festival weekend.
Memberships run from January 2011 to January 2012. A single membership costs £35 and a double membership costs £50. You can now apply to become a Friend of Word for 2011. To become a Friend of Word, you can purchase a membership online.
Alternatively, you can download a Friends of Word membership form and post to:
Office of External Affairs
For Friends of Word enquiries, please contact email@example.com or telephone 01224 273874.