Aurora - Leadership development for women
Launched in November 2013, the Leadership Foundation's women-only development programme was created to help combat the underrepresentation of women in senior leadership positions, as evidenced in their research.
Aurora is a leadership development initiative that combines education, mentoring and on-line resources to provide learning with a more enduring impact. Aurora provides an additional opportunity for women to influence their institutions and to develop leadership skills. The core areas Aurora will address are:
- Understanding organisations and the sector
- Developing leadership behaviours, skills and knowledge
- Identifying and overcoming barriers and obstacles
- Growing confidence and a leadership identity
- Building networks, coalitions and support processes
These are addressed through a combination of development days, self-directed learning from on-line resources, cross-institutional action learning sets and in-house mentoring.
Aurora is for women up to senior lecturer and professional services equivalent, and participants will be asked to:
- attend each of the four development days, and the action learning set day organised by participants in their assigned groups
- undertake self-directed learning throughout the programme, aligned with developing interests and where time allows
- commit to working with a mentor which is provided by their institution
- and be prepared to participate in a longitudinal study to measure the impact of Aurora over time.
To find out more
To find out more, please download the Aurora Brochure or visit their programme website.
Please fill in and return the Aurora Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday 21st October 2015.