Dr GABRIELA BORZ
Dr Gabriela Borz joined the department in October 2009 as a post-doctoral research fellow to work on an ESRC project analysing political represention in the European Union. Before completing her PhD in 2009 at the Central European University, she previously held research and visiting fellowships at the University of Birmingham, University of Bradford and Northwestern University.
- Comparative Government
- Parties and Party Systems
- Political Representation
- European Union Politics
- PI3060 Comparative European Politics
- PI5514 Quantitative Methods in Political Science and International Relations
- PI3061 Political Analysis
ERASMUS advisor of studies 2012/2013.
Contributions to Journals
- Rose, R. & Borz, GA. (2013). 'Aggregation and Representation in the European Parliament Party Groups'. West European Politics, vol 36, no. 3, pp. 474-497.
[Online] DOI: 10.1080/01402382.2012.753706
- Rose, R. & Borz, GA. (2013). 'Institutional Stimuli and Individual Response as Explanations of Turnout: the 2009 EP Election'. Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties.
[Online] DOI: 10.1080/17457289.2013.794804
- Rose, R. & Borz, GA. (in press). 'What Determines Demand for European Union Referendums?'. Journal of European Integration.
[Online] DOI: 10.1080/07036337.2013.799938
- Rose, R., Bernhagen, P. & Borz, GA. (2012). 'Evaluating competing criteria for allocating parliamentary seats'. Mathematical Social Sciences, vol 63, no. 2, pp. 85–89.
[Online] DOI: 10.1016/j.mathsocsci.2011.10.005
- van Biezen, I. & Borz, GA. (2012). 'Models of Party Democracy: Patterns of Party Regulation in Post-War European Constitutions'. European Political Science Review, vol 4, no. 3, pp. 327-359.
[Online] DOI: 10.1017/S1755773911000294
Chapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings
- Borz, GA. (2012). 'Extreme-Right Parties in Romania after 1990: Incumbency, Organisation and Success'. in A Mammone, E Godin & B Jenkins (eds), Mapping the Extreme Right in Contemporary Europe: from Local to Transnational. Routledge Studies in Extremism and Democracy, Routledge, London, pp. 173-189.
- Borz, GA. (2009). 'Romania'. in DJ Sagar (ed.), Political Parties of the World. 7 edn, John Harper Publishing, London, pp. 478-484.