MA (hons), PhD, (Aberdeen) PGCertHe (Dundee) FHEA
+44 (0)1224 272468
Room G05, Department of History School of Divinity, History and Philosophy, Crombie Annexe, Meston Walk, King's College, University of Aberdeen, Old Aberdeen, AB24 3FX.
I graduated from Aberdeen with my MA (hons) in 2001 and my PhD in 2008. I have held teaching posts at the University of Dundee, Open University and the University of Aberdeen.
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- The Wars of the Three Kingdoms 1638-1651.
- The English Commonwealth and Protectorate 1649-1660.
- Print culture in Britain and Ireland during the seventeenth century.
- Scotland's relationship with the wider world.
Currently I am completing my monograph based on my PhD thesis which examines Presbyterians and the Covenants in the 1640s and 1650s.
My next project focuses on the impact of the Jacobite wars in British and Irish society.
I am a member of the following research networks:
The Franco-British Network for Seventeenth and Eighteenth-Century Research
Pre Modern Diplomats Network.
- HI 1523 Renaissances and Reformations.
- HI 2523: Introduction to Scottish History
- HI 30BF Jacobites: War, Exile and the Politics of Succession in Britain and Europe c.1688-1788.
- HI 356J Thinking History
- HI406G Jacobites: War, Exile and the Politics of Succession in Britain and Europe c.1688-1788.
- HI4024 The Three Kingdoms of the Seventeenth Century
- HI 4516 Undergraduate Dissertation in History.
Library Representative for the History Department (incl book orders and interlibrary loans).
Webpages and Social Media.
Friday 12-2 or by appointment.