Use this checklist as a guide to what you should do before and after your arrival in Aberdeen.
- Arrange accommodation - If you submit your application for University accommodation by 7th January 2013, you will be guaranteed a room.
- Check visa requirements as applicable to you and make necessary arrangements (see our New International Students page)
- Visit www.ukcisa.org.uk for general information on studying in the UK
- Arrange travel
- Arrange personal insurance (and travel insurance if required)
- Complete eRegistration - International students coming to study at Aberdeen under a Tier 4 visa MUST NOT complete e-registration until the Tier 4 visa has been awarded
- Upload a passport-type photo for your Student ID card on the photo upload portal
- Consider course choices prior to advising meeting. Guidance on how to do this is provided on the choosing courses page (UG students only)
- Ensure that you bring your:
- Certificate of Acceptance
- Valid passport or travel documents (with visa if applicable)
- A copy of the pages from your passport (blank pages not required)
- Photo for ID card (if not already uploaded)
- Confirmation of who will be paying your tuition fees if you are not paying them yourself
- Relevant medical records and details of existing medical condition
- Accommodation contract and/or details of where you will be staying
- Bedding (only a mattress protector is provided in University Accommodation - see accomodation 'what to bring' webpage)
- Make a copy of the passport page that was stamped by an immigration officer when you arrived at your port of entry in the UK
- Pay tuition fees (via eRegistration - if you have not already done so)
- Attend your School Induction event to activate your academic curriculum and to collect your Student ID card
- Familiarise yourself with campus and the local area
- Register wtih a doctor - if you do not already have one in Aberdeen
- Visit the Students' Association in the Butchart Centre and check out their programme of events for Refreshers' week.
- Open a bank account and ask for monthly statements to be sent to you
- Register with the police if applicable (see the New International Students page)
- Attend the International Students' Induction Sessions and check out the programme of events specifcially for you
And finally, have fun!