Use these checklists as a guide to what you should do before and after your arrival in Aberdeen.
- Arrange accommodation - If you submit your application for University accommodation by 23 August 2013, you will be guaranteed a room.
- Ensure that you have accepted your accommodation contract and paid the £100 non refundable reservation fee
- Arrange travel. If arriving by car, check the guidance on traffic and parking
- Arrange personal (contents) insurance (and travel insurance if required)
- Complete eRegistration - International students coming to study at Aberdeen under a Tier 4 visa must not complete e-registration until the Tier 4 visa has been awarded
- Upload a passport-type photo for your Student ID card on the photo upload portal
- Consider course choices prior to advising meeting. Guidance on how to do this is provided on the choosing courses page (UG students only)
- Complete the online application if you are flying into Aberdeen Airport and want to make use of the meet and greet service (for arrivals out with move-in weekend)
- Ensure that you bring your:
- Certificate of Acceptance
- Photo for ID card (if not already uploaded)
- Confirmation of who will be paying your tuition fees if you are not paying them yourself
- Relevant medical records and details of existing medical condition
- Accommodation contract and/or details of where you will be staying
- Bedding (only a mattress protector is provided in University Accommodation - see accommodation 'what to bring' webpage)
- If you are a student parent, http://www.studentparents.org/ has a tailored checklist to ensure you are prepared for university.
- Pay tuition fees (via eRegistration - if you have not already done so)
- Attend your appointment with your Adviser of Studies or Supervisor to activate your academic curriculum and to collect your Student ID card
- Attend your first meeting with your Personal Tutor
- Attend your School/Discipline's induction and welcome events
- Familiarise yourself with campus and the local area
- Register with a doctor - if you do not already have one in Aberdeen
- Visit the Students' Association in the Butchart Centre and check out their Freshers' Week programme of events, available on the Freshers' Week 2013 Facebook page
- Attend your Halls of Residence welcome event (if applicable)
- Open a bank account (if necessary)
And finally, have fun!