The default Attendee tools are outlined below. More features may be available, depending on how the Organiser has defined the Attendee Permissions.
- Audio & Video Settings
- Download Handouts
- Shared Notes
- Feedback Function
- Exit a Live Meeting
- Additional Functions
- Online Help
- Open the Voice & Video menu to view other Attendees' video and control your own Audio and Video Settings.
- Control your speaker volume from the speaker icon
- Mute, unmute or control your microphone volume from the microphone icon
- From the video icon , share or hide your video, hide the main video and show video panorama (if available).
- Click Options and Set Up Audio and Video to check or amend your settings.
- For guidance on Audio and Video setup, see our Headsets, webcams and speakerphones page.
- From the Attendees menu, view who is present in the Live Meeting.
- From the View drop-down menu, select arrange by to arrange attendees according to Audio, Name, Feedback status, Role, or alphabetically from A-Z or Z-A.
- Click on Find to search for a particular attendee, useful if the meeting is large.
- There is no direct option from the Live Meeting interface to invite another person, unless you are the meeting Organiser. However, you can copy the call-in information and send it to others.
- To view call-in information, open the Voice & Video menu.
- From the drop-down menu by the End Call icon, select View Call-In Details.
- The Conference ID and Passcode are listed. Copy and paste this information into your e-mail or messaging client to invite Attendees.
- The meeting Organiser can upload files for other Attendees to download.
- Attendees may also be able to upload files. This is set by the Organiser in Attendee Permissions.
- When a new file is available, a notification that One or more new files are available for download will appear above the status bar.
- To view available files, click the Handouts icon
- The Handouts window opens.
- Select the files to download from the Handouts window.
- Click Download.
- Browse to an appropriate destination to save the files then click OK.
- The meeting Organiser can type notes to share with all Attendees.
- To view notes, click the Shared Notes icon
- By default, Attendees cannot edit or add to the shared notes, but can save any notes. Ability to edit and add to the notes is controlled by Attendee Permissions, set by the Organiser.
- To save, right-click on the Shared Notes window.
- Select Save As... and save in an appropriate destination on your computer.
- Use the Feedback function to let others in the meeting know if you are having difficulties.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the coloured block icon to indicate if you Need Help, Can’t Hear, require someone to Slow Down, have a Question or are content that the meeting Proceed as normal.
- This facility is set to Proceed by default.
You can exit a Live Meeting in any one of the following ways:
- Click Close in the top-right corner of the Live Meeting window.
- Click the End Call icon in the Voice & Video menu.
- Go to the Meeting menu and select Exit.
- From the Menu button, select Exit.
Several additional functions are available to Attendees. These features must be set in the Attendee Permissions by the meeting Organiser, and may not be available to you.
- Go to Recording > Options to select what is to be recorded from Data, Voice, Video and Panoramic Video and to modify where recordings are saved.
- To begin recording, click Record.
- All Attendees will receive a notification that the meeting is being recorded.
- Use the Pause or Stop controls to control when you are recording.
- Note that when you start recording, the Live Meeting Recording Manager appears in your task ba.r
- When you click stop, you are prompted whether you want to Save, Delete or Continue the recording.
- To access Microsoft’s online help, or to view Microsoft’s own guides, click the drop-down help menu to find links to:
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting Help
- Getting Started
- Start Live Meeting Tour
- Give us Feedback Online