Help the Library get the e-books you need
Library Services has been involved in a pilot project to investigate Demand Driven e-book purchasing using the dawsonera platform. While the budget for demand driven purchasing in 2012-13 has been spent e-books can continue to be previewed and suggested for purchase.
How it works
Search for your subject or a particular e-book title in Primo Aberdeen Collections
- When you find a title you are interested in,
- Select Details
- Some titles may be available from more than one supplier e.g ebrary or Springer. You will have access to the complete book from these suppliers.
- If it is a dawsonera title, available for Demand Driven purchase, in the Links box you will see Not currently owned. Preview available from dawsonera.
- If the dawsonera preview option is given, click on the link or
- Select View Online - this takes you to a Shibboleth login box
- Login and you will be taken to the book in dawsonera
- From the Full title display screen in dawsonera select 5 Min Preview
This will allow you to view a section of the book.
If you select the Suggest for Purchase option you will have an opportunity to add a comment to give the reasons why you want the e-book bought. Please add a comment, it may help library staff decide to buy the book.