The Reid Library is located within the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health at Bucksburn.
The Library exists to support the research needs of staff and students of the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health through the provision of high-quality information sources. The library was established in 1923 as a result of a generous endowment to the then Rowett Research Institute by a local accountant Dr Walter Reid. The library moved to its current building in 1938, and has been a branch library of the University since 2008 when the Institute merged with the University, and the stock and services of the library are now available to all members of the University.
Throughout its long history, the primary focus of collection development has been in the area of nutrition science, and the library is home to one of the major collections of nutrition-related materials in the Western world. In recent years, the subject base of the library has expanded to include a wide range of biological sciences reflecting the broadly-based research portfolio of today's Institute.