Guidance for Applicants
What is the Positive About Disabled People Scheme?
The Scheme, which the University is currently piloting, is based on 5 principles:
- Encouraging disabled applicants to apply for posts by operating a Guaranteed Interview Scheme. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a post will be interviewed.
- Ensuring disabled employees are supported in employment by providing opportunities for employees to discuss their development.
- Retaining disabled employees by ensuring that every effort is made when an employee becomes disabled to keep them in employment.
- Raising awareness of disability throughout the University so these principles can be upheld.
- Reviewing our progress of these principles on an annual basis.
What do I need to do?
The Scheme is entirely voluntary. If you do consider yourself to be a disabled person and you would like to apply for a post within the University you have the opportunity to opt in to the Scheme. By opting in, you may be interviewed under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme i.e. if you meet the essential criteria (as specified in the Person Specification) you will be offered an interview.
If you are a disabled applicant who would like to opt in to the Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview form within the application pack.
If required, the University will make reasonable adjustments to facilitate your attendance and full participation at interview. Please let us know your requirements as soon as possible by completing the relevant section of the application pack.
Who can I contact for further information?
If you require any further information please contact Mrs Janine Chalmers, Equal Opportunities Adviser on 01224 273165 or email@example.com or Mrs Heather Crabb, Senior HR Manager on 01224 273722 or firstname.lastname@example.org