The following information is provided to assist you in making an online application for a vacancy at the University of Aberdeen.
We update our pages on a regular basis with new vacancies and we only accept online applications. A closing date for each vacancy is clearly stated and no applications will be accepted after the closing date.
- To make an application you must be a registered user of our Jobs website (for Internal Applicants your University username and password provides automatic registration).
- To register you must provide your First Name, Last Name, a valid Email Address and Password. Please note that the Human Resources Recruitment Team is not able to amend these details for you.
- You do not have to complete the online application form in one session. Simply log out and return at a later stage by clicking on the Returning Applicant link on our vacancy Search Engine page and input your username (email address you registered with) and password.
- You can save an electronic version of your application in html format at any stage by clicking on the ‘Save a Copy’ link at the top of the application page.
- You can also Print a copy of your application at any stage by clicking on the ‘Print’ link at the top of the application page.
- During the process of completing your application you can use the Help & Instructions, FAQs and Support facilities at any time. Simply click on the relevant links at the top of the application page.
- You can attach a CV and Supporting Documents i.e. covering letter and any other appropriate documentation in support of your application. Attachments should be .pdf, .doc, .rtf, .jpg, .tif or .txt and, in total, no more than 1MB.
- If you experience any technical difficulties please contact the technical team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a disability and are unable to complete the online application form please contact email@example.com
- Each application page displays a status symbol on the left and enables you to see at a glance the level of completion of your application.
- Your application material cannot be viewed by recruiting staff at the University until you have submitted your application.
- When you submit your application, you will receive an email confirming its receipt.
- Once you submit an application, all further correspondence will be sent to you via your registered email address.
- You will be notified as quickly as possible whether you have been shortlisted for interview.
- To return to the Application Communication Centre click on the ‘Returning Applicant’ link on our vacancy Search Engine page and insert your username (email address you registered with) and password.
- If you have forgotten your password click on the ‘Password Reminder’ link on our vacancy Search Engine page. Insert your registered email address and click on the ‘Find my login details’ link. For security reasons your password will be sent to you via email.
- When logged in as a Returning Applicant you can view the status of uncompleted and submitted applications by clicking on the links under ‘Status of Application’.
- Once you have submitted an application you can amend your Personal Details at any stage. Log in as a Returning Applicant and click on the appropriate link under ‘Status of Application’. On the left under the heading ‘Applications Made’ click on the necessary vacancy then click on the Edit Personal Details link. After updating your Personal Details click on the ‘Save & Proceed’ tab to save your changes.
- After submitting your application, you are unable to amend any aspect of your application except for the ‘Personal Details’ section. If you require to update any other part of your application or replace any existing attachments, please contact the Human Resources Office.
- Your details will be saved for any future applications you may make.