Registration, Visa Check & ID Collection

Student ID Card Collection

Students staying in Halls

If you reside in one of the following University Halls of Residence you will, be given your student ID card upon arrival to your halls, provided you have uploaded a photo.

All other students

Providing that you have uploaded your photo and it has been approved (log back into the photo upload website to check) your ID card will be available to collect during induction week.

All cards can be collected from infohub, in he Students' Union.

Please allow 3 full working days from submission of your photo before collecting your card

Erasmus, Study Abroad, International exchange and Science Without Borders students will receive their cards at their induction

Distance learning/ Flexible learning students - please email stating your ID number and the address that you would like your ID card to be sent to.

Please ensure that you bring your Certificate of Acceptance and any confirmation of payment you may made towards your tuition fees.

If you are sponsored please ensure that you bring one copy of proof of your sponsorship to registration, which the University will retain.

New King's Archway

Visa Checks

If you are an international student the University is legally required to check and take copies of your visa documents before you can be allowed to complete registration. Please ensure you bring:

  • Your passport and a photocopy of all of its non-blank pages, including the page which was stamped during your entry into the UK. This is to confirm your status to study in the UK. 
  • Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) – if you require one. If you need to collect a BRP on arrival in the UK this will have been detailed in the letter you were sent by UKVI containing your visa decision. You must ensure that you collect this  before trying to complete your Visa Check. Details on how to collect your BRP are available here.
  • Original documents showing your educational qualifications - though these may not be asked for until later in the Academic Year.
  • English language certificate (if appropriate).

ID cards will NOT be issued until the visa check is completed.

If you hold a Tier 4 visa, on further occasions throughout the year you will be emailed and asked to report to a venue with your documents for a Visa Check.

arriving late

Arriving Late?

Students arriving after the Induction Week should:

before coming to the Infohub, to complete registration and collect their ID card.