Decision Aids in Randomised Trials: The DART Study
This project is funded by the CSO as a postdoctoral fellowship award. The project will use a formal mixed methods approach to explore clinicians' and patients' perspectives about the acceptability and usefulness of trial participation decision aids.
The project will focus on the acceptability and usefulness of a trial participation decision aid from both a clinician and patient perspective. The specific objectives are to:
- identify how decision aids are currently used to inform trial participation;
- investigate what patients and clinicians understand about RCT participation;
- define what patients and clinicians perceive as being important information to include in a decision aid to inform trial participation;
- develop a decision aid to inform participation of patients in a RCT;
- assess patients and clinicians views about the acceptability of a trial participation decision aid;
- develop guidance on how to utilise decision aids to inform RCT participation.
Katie Schumm; email@example.com
Funding commenced on 1st November 2009 for a period of 3 years.