Health Care Assessment
- The HCA programme focuses on the rigorous evaluation of health care interventions.
- The underlying philosophy of the programme is the iteration between primary and secondary research: evidence synthesis (including modelling) informing new primary research (principally large scale clinical trials).
- The programme focuses on the evaluation of non-drug technologies and other complex interventions.
A range of health technologies are evaluated, but the principal areas of interest are:
- Interventional Procedures: Care Provided by Surgeons
- Non Surgical Interventions
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Nutritional Interventions
- Critical Care
- Methodological Research