The processing of applications for a Taught Masters Programme or a Research Degree within Geography and Environment is dealt with by the College of Physical Sciences Graduate School. The unit works closely with Academic Selectors, one for each of the taught programmes, and with the Research Postgraduate Co-ordinators, one in each discipline, who decide if an offer of a place should be made.
The unit can give you advice up to the point that you start your studies, including queries about:
- Entry requirements for the MSc programmes and for undertaking research degrees in the College of Physical Sciences
- The application process and other procedural matters
- Availability of funding
If you wish to apply for a research degree please go to www.abdn.ac.uk/sras/postgraduate/apply.shtml. If you are applying for a specific PhD studentship we would ask that you make informal contact with the named supervisor before applying.
To apply for one of our taught programmes please visit: www.abdn.ac.uk/sras/postgraduate/apply.shtml.
Note: It is important when submitting an application to the University that you ensure you have completed all the necessary sections and enclosed all the relevant documentation to ensure that your application can be processed as quickly as possible.
To apply for any of our programmes you must submit:
- A completed Postgraduate Application Form
- Full details of your academic achievements to date
- Proof of proficiency in English (6.5 in IELTS examination or 580 in TOEFL if you are an international applicant). Individual programmes may have been granted leave to ask for higher english language entry qualifications. We ask that you please refer to the programme website before completing an application.
- Academic References - Those applying for a Research Programme (PhD, MPhil, etc.) are required to submit two confidential references in sealed envelopes, signed by the referee across the seal. Those applying for a Taught Programme (MSc, PgDip, PgCert, etc.) are required to submit one reference only; unless you are applying with a degree from a UK institution in which case you are not required to supply references. Individual programmes may have specific instructions regarding the type of references they require. We ask that you please refer to the programme website before completing an application.