- Course Director - Master of Land Economy (MLE) 2013 - to date
- Teaching Fellow - Spatial Planning – University of Aberdeen 2012- to date
- Tourism Development Manager, Royal Deeside and the Cairngorms Destination Management Organisation 2008-12
- Head Planner - Bidwells (Scotland) 2005-08
- Partnership Co-ordinator - Aberdeen City Centre Partnership 1998-05
- Environmental Manager -Scottish Enterprise Grampian 1991-98
- Various planning and economic development roles at Gordon District Council, Aberdeen District Council and Glasgow District Council/ Strathclyde University
- PG Dip Marketing, Napier University/ CIM 1997
- BSc (Hons) Town and Country Planning, Heriot Watt University 1983
Menbership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI) since 1986
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM) since 1997
Membership of Other Bodies
Board Director of Scottish Culture and Traditions Association (Scottish charity SC027559)
- Tourism planning, rural diversification and cultural development in rural locations
- National Parks, landscape and nature conservation- planning policy and practice
- Place marketing – the links between urban design, urban realm, strategic marketing theory and economic development in driving urban city growth, regeneration and place competitiveness
- Rural land use policy and impacts on sustainability and the low carbon economy
Course Director for the Master of Land Economy (MLE) course and also coordinator of various courses pertaining to Spatial Planning undergraduate courses and also MLE post graduate courses, together with human geography courses at various levels.
Planning Theory and Ethics GG4561 - Course Coordinator and main lecturer
Land and Marine Conservation GG3565/GG4565 -Joint Course Coordinator and joint main lecturer
Rural Policy and Practice GG5537 - Course Coordinator and main lecturer
Planning, Land and Environmental Law GG5036 - Course Coordinator and main lecturer
Skills and Techniques in Geosciences GG2508- Lectures and Field Trip
Planning Methods and Plan Making GG5527 - Main lecturer
Reasearch and Design GG3572/GG4572 - Dissertation Supervisor
Global Worlds, Global Challenges GG1007 - Tutorials
Principles of Design and Placemaking GG4554 - Course Coordinator and main Lecturer
Economic Development and Regeneration GG4550 - Course Coordinator and main lecturer
Planning Law and Professional Practice GG4568 - Course Coordinator and main lecturer
Liaison with Royal Town Planning Institute and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors for various course accreditations.
Course Director for Master of Land Economy (MLE).
Leading the RTPI accredited Spatial Planning undergraduate course.
Marketing and development of the Master of Land Economy course.