The Freedom of a Christian Ethicist: The Future of a Reformation Legacy
What is the significance of the Reformation and its legacy for Christian ethics? Is there a distinctly Protestant contribution to contemporary ethical debates and discussions? What is this contribution and in what ways should it be pursued today? This conference at the University of Aberdeen will aim to address and clarify these and related questions.
- Michael Banner, University of Cambridge
- Brian Brock, University of Aberdeen
- Stanley Hauerwas, Duke University
- Jennifer Herdt, Yale Divinity School
- Paul Martens, Baylor University
- Gerald McKenny, University of Notre Dame
- Rachel Muers, University of Leeds
- Hans Ulrich, Erlangen University
Sponsored by the Kirby Laing Institute for Christian Ethics and the University of Aberdeen Department of Divinity and Religious Studies.