Situated within the University Office at Regent Walk the Fault Desk is a first point of contact for callers and visitors to the Estates Section. It is operational from 9am to 5pm weekdays. Outwith these times, emergency enquiries can be handled by the Security Services (27-3327/3939).
For non-emergencies a fault report can also be filled out online here.
Details of requests for repairs (emergency or routine) and maintenance will be taken by telephone on 27-3333 and a reference number issued which should be used to track the progress of works.
On average the Fault Desk deals with 13,000 fault reports and requests for maintenance per year.
These are some of the main services provided by the Maintenance Team and accessed through the Fault Desk.
- Request for emergency works eg floods, loss of power or heating to buildings;
- General building and services repairs;
- Lift breakdowns;
- Enquiries on progress of fault / work requests;
- Maintenance of Grounds and Sports Fields;
- Maintenance and repairs of roads, car parks and footpaths.
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
Fire Alarm Test Times
For details of fire alarm test times can be found below:
- Fire Alarm Test Times (PDF)