Theft is a problem in all cities and Aberdeen is no exception. It is prudent therefore to take precautions to ensure that your bicycle is not stolen. Consider taking some of the precautions below.
- Always secure your bicycle with a strong chain or D style lock.
- Always secure your bicycle to something strong which cannot be removed or broken.
- Hire a bike locker from the University, they're more secure than just a lock.
- Consider having your bicycle marked, either with punchmarkers or microdots, to help recover it if it is stolen.
- Put your details on a slip of paper, roll it up and put it inside the seat tube of your bicycle to help Police retrun your bicycle to you if it is stolen.
- Complete a Bike Passport to help Grampian Police identify and return your bicycle if it is stolen.
- Always secure any removable part of your bicycle (quick release wheels, seat). If this isn't possible take the removable part with you (cycle computer, lights).
- Park your bicycle near others and in areas where there is CCTV or high levels of pedestrian traffic.
If your bicycle is stolen or tampered with or if you see any suspicious activity on campus report it to security.
This page was last updated on 12-Aug-2010 16:33:26 BST