The Dugald Baird Centre has a selection of books, reports & journals relating to obstetrics, gynaecology and midwifery. These can be accessed by all staff associated with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Notice to Library Users
- borrowing books The Library (Room 3) can normally be accessed during the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Borrowers must be registered and obtain a reader ticket before items can be removed.
- The borrowing period is for two weeks only. If items are required for a longer period of time please check with the Dugald Baird Centre librarian first that the item can be renewed - someone else may need the book urgently.
- Only three books can be borrowed at any one time.
- Items borrowed must be date-stamped, and entered onto the borrowing sheets, by the Dugald Baird Centre librarian.
- Borrowed items must be checked in by the Dugald Baird Centre librarian.
- Items should not be left in the Library without being checked back in - you are responsible for the item until it has been fully returned.
- Do not pass a borrowed item on to any other individual if it is registered in your name. Anyone wishing to borrow must come to the Library personally.
- In the event of failure to return an item, the borrower will be given sufficient notice to return the item, if this is not done then the borrower will be invoiced for the full replacement price.
- Please feel free to browse through the books currently available in the Dugald Baird Centre library, however it would be greatly appreciated if books are returned to exactly the same place they were removed from as this makes it easier for the next person to find the book they are looking for.
- A library catalogue is available to view which lists all report and books currently available in the Dugald Baird Centre library. All books are filed in alphabetical order of subject and author.
- Books marked FOR REFERENCE ONLY must not be removed from the library.
Notice to Library Users borrowing journals
- The library (Room 3) can normally be accessed during the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- You do not need to be a registered borrower to review the journals available in the Dugald Baird Centre library.
- The Dugald Baird Centre library stocks current issues of the following journals:-
- Health Bulletin British Journal of Midwifery
- The Practicing Midwife International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Health Bulletin
- British Journal of Midwifery
- British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology