RSS for Students
We provide RSS feeds for Service News and for IT Services News for students. This means you don't need to visit our web site every day for the latest updates from IT Services - with RSS, our news comes to you!
- Service News
Announcements and updates regarding scheduled IT service breaks, unscheduled incidents, and other performance issues
- IT Services News for Students
Articles and features about current and forthcoming projects and upgrades to systems and services affecting students
How to receive our news feeds
You will need a news reader. This piece of software regularly checks RSS feeds for new content and downloads any it finds, allowing you to read our news as soon as it's published. Choose from the following options:
- Dedicated reader: Register for one of the many free reader, e.g. Bloglines.
Download a reader from http://allrss.com/rssreaders.html.
Most dedicated readers can be configured to regularly check feeds you have subscribed to for updates.
- Web browser:Most current web browsers - e.g. Internet Explorer 7, Mozilla Firefox 3, and Safari 3 - support subscription to RSS Feeds as well as acting as news readers.
- Outlook 2007: Configure Outlook 2007 to subscribe to RSS feeds. (Note: There is no support for RSS in Outlook 2003.)
Using the feed
The method of subscribing to our feeds will depend on your choice of news reader:
- Dedicated readers: follow the instructions for you chosen application.
- Web browsers:
- Outlook 2007: see overview on Microsoft Office training site
Want to know more about RSS feeds?
To find our more, read the BBC's guide.