Student IT Account
Services | Standard Requests | Additional Services
The Student IT account is available to registered students of the University of Aberdeen and is created via the E-registration process. As per Registry processes, the account will close automatically at graduation or when the student leaves the University.
The account provides:
- Access to centrally provided computing facilities in the classrooms.
- An E-mail account via StudentMail
- 1 Gigabyte of UoA networked filespace
- Access to the student portal
- Access to the virtual learning environments (VLEs, such as MyAberdeen, MediCal and MyBDS )
- Access to on-line library resources
- Access to Eduroam and Resnet wireless network
Account Management | Contact Service Desks
IT Services provides
- backup for the networked file space (H: drive/"My Documents").
- the automated E-registration interface for Registry.
- support in accessing the account and associated facilities such as MyAberdeen and Student Portal.
Standard requests are:
- Increase to networked file space, on approval from supervisor.
- Password reset.
- Assistance with accessing the account and associated facilities such as WebCT and Student Portal.
Additional service requests are outside our standard Service Level Descriptions (SLDs) and will be dealt with on a best endeavour basis.
Additional requests include:
- File restoration.
- Transfer of files from one account to another within UoA network.
- A short extension of account for academic purposes, beyond registered student status (subject to College/Department approval).