Tips for best practice when using Instant Messaing and Audio and Conferencing with Microsoft Office Communicator.
- Be aware of your contacts' availabilty and respect their presence settings.
- Make the most of your own presence settings, use the Type a note function to give contacts additional information
- Note that although messages are 'instant', your colleagues' responses may not be immediate.
- Instant messages are best kept short and to the point.
Audio & Conferencing
- Make sure your internet connection, speakers or headset, microphone and webcam if available are set up appropriately.
- When conferencing, use your mute button when you are not speaking to eliminate background noise.
- If leading a conference, encourage participation from all attendees.
- Upload any documents etc. before a planned conference takes place - this saves everyone time.