Please submit your application via our online application system.
Applications for EASTBIO studentships will be invited from excellent UK* students for projects available across the four partners. To be eligible you must have at least a BSc (Hons) 2.1 undergraduate degree (or expect to achieve a BSc (Hons) 2.1 undergraduate degree) and fulfil the Research Funding residency criteria. Please check the BBSRC eligibility criteria. *Some EU applicants may be eligible if they meet Research Council residency criteria.
To apply for an EASTBIO Doctoral Training Partnership PhD project, please read carefully and follow the instructions below:
(1) Identify project(s) of interest to you, download the EASTBIO Form and the EASTBIO Reference Request Form for completion. You must contact your potential supervisor(s) in advance of submitting an application.
(2) Add the name of the institution(s) you are applying to at the top of the reference request form before forwarding it to two academic referees for completion.
(3) Submit your application to the University of Aberdeen via the Apply Online link at the top of this page. Please ensure that you upload the completed EASTBIO form along with your supporting documents (degree certificate, transcript, and English language certificate where applicable).
(4) Note: if you are applying for PhD projects offered by more than one partner, please ensure that you return the completed EASTBIO forms to each institution. Links to the application procedure for other partner institutions can be found on the EASTBIO web site.
(5) Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a formal interview to be held in the week beginning 1 February 2016.
Fiona Insch, Graduate School Administrator, College of Life Sciences & Medicine