Getting advice & guidance
Whatever stage you are at with your career planning, from fresher to final year and beyond, you are welcome to interact with our professional Careers team. There are various ways in which you can do this.
These appointments are the ideal starting point if you have not spoken to a careers adviser before. They are particularly helpful for:
- getting feedback on your CV/ application forms *
- obtaining advice on work experience
- discussing job-seeking strategies
* Please note that we will give advice about the content of your applications, but we do not offer a proof reading service so please check your work thoroughly before submitting for feedback. Please also bring a print copy of your application with you.
Duty Adviser appointments are for a maximum of 15 minutes. This rule is strictly adhered to. If you arrive more than 5 minutes late you will be asked to make another appointment. If you require longer than 15 minutes please make a 30/45 minute appointment by calling (01224) 273601 or asking at Careers Service Reception.
A Duty Adviser is available Monday to Friday in the Careers Service open plan area on the second floor of the Hub. You can book a time for the current or next day.
Book an appointment (2nd Floor, The Hub)
These appointments are with a Careers Adviser who specialises in your degree subject. They can be used for a range of activities:
- discussing your career options
- exploring specific career ideas
- identifying courses of action to realise your goals
To book an appointment contact Careers Service Reception (2nd Floor, The Hub) or call 01224 273601.
On Thursday mornings during term-time, between 9.30am and 12.30pm, a Duty Adviser is available in the Polwarth Building on the Foresterhill campus (2nd Floor Social Space). Appointments can be made up to 7 days in advance.