We provide a range of resources, services and technologies to support students and staff. In this section you will find details about those facilities.
At a Glance
- The Classroom Computers found throughout at the university includes various assistive software such as proofreading tools, mind mapping, screen reading and more.
- Assistive Technology Booths are accessible, bookable, single-occupancy spaces equipped with enhanced computing facilities that supplement what we can provide through the standard facilities.
- We have Braille Embosser that allows us to convert text into Braille as part of our Alternative Format support.
- The Sir Duncan Rice Library houses an E-scan Book Scanner to allow people to easily digitise print material.
- Alternative Format is a key part of creating an accessible academic environment and we provide skills, training and facilities to support that process.
- The Sir Duncan Rice Library also has a Video Magnifier available to help people access its resources.
- To provide a broad and flexible level of support, we maintain a pool of Loan Equipment and Software that can be made available to people in a variety of circumstances.
- We maintain a library of Software Downloads, with links to licenced, free to use and trial software.
Finding the right balance of provision is a difficult task that needs input from the intended audience so we always welcome any comment on what we provide (or what we don’t, but should!). Contact us.