The Learning & Teaching Operational Plan 2009 – 2010
As detailed in the University’s Strategic Plan 2007-2010, we have, over the period, undertaken to:
- Provide our students with an innovative and intellectually rigorous education that equips them with the relevant decision-making, analytical, entrepreneurial and sustainable skills to achieve lifelong success either in further scholarship or employment.
- Conduct an intensive review of our curriculum so as to provide one that is distinctive and attractive to students at regional, national and international levels and meets the challenges of the 21st century
- Improve student retention and increase students’ sense of belonging by providing programmes and other opportunities that meet student and employer needs and incorporate current research.
- Promote programmes that are personally fulfilling and meet the requirements of graduate professions and professional accreditation.
- Make our programmes accessible and flexible to increase opportunities and participation.
- Ensure that our research expertise informs and inspires the development, management and delivery of our learning and teaching activities, both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Ensure that our staff have the necessary skills for supporting student learning and teaching, are appropriately rewarded and have access to tailored staff professional development for learning and teaching.
- Explore opportunities arising from emerging technologies that will increase diversity in the modes of delivery for learning and teaching.
From the strategies detailed above, we have extracted key target areas to concentrate upon in academic year 2009/10, and these are identified in the Learning Operational Plan which follows, together with brief details as to how, and when, we intend to achieve each target area.