Advanced Course on Dietary Assessment Methods
Jurys Inn Aberdeen
14 – 16 May 2013
The University of Aberdeen is delighted to announce its new Advanced Course on Dietary Assessment Methods, which will take place in Aberdeen next year. The course is designed for researchers, dietetic and nutritional practitioners and those who would like to further their training in dietary assessment methods. Developed and run by The University of Aberdeen dietary assessment team a group with a wide range of experience including staff from the Public Health Nutrition Research Group, the Musculoskeletal Research Group and the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health.
This course will bring together current knowledge and best practice on dietary assessment for nutrition research and clinical and public health practice.
The course aims to:
- broaden knowledge in techniques of dietary assessment to enable dietitians and nutritionists to make a more informed decision as to which is the appropriate tool for their needs, both in a research context or in dealing with clients; and
- enable individuals to fully interpret dietary data, being aware of the strengths and limitations of the different assessment techniques.
Course Themes: from theory to practice:
- Dietary assessment methods
- Food Composition Databases
- Interpreting and evaluating dietary data
- Recent advances in dietary assessment methods
- Biomarkers of dietary intake
Endorsed for CPD by the British Dietetic Association*
Endorsed by the Association for Nutrition
(*Please note BDA endorsement applies only to the educational nutritional content of the learning activity).
Who is the Course For?
The course is aimed at anyone with an interest in dietary assessment methods who has some background in dietetics or nutrition. A list of pre-course reading material is available but it is not essential to complete to participate in the course - rather it is intended for those who have limited experience in the field of dietary assessment or who may have trained some time ago and wish to refresh their knowledge prior to the course.
ACDAM Flyer - download the latest version here.