Built in 1788-89 and situated in the heart of Old Aberdeen, the Old Town House was the hub of the Burgh and the focal point for a busy trading community. The Old Town House features the best of Scottish architecture and is used as the logo of The Architectural Heritage Society of Scotland.
With support from the Heritage Lottery Fund and Aberdeen City Council, the University completed restoration work on the Old Town House and today it remains the focal point of Old Aberdeen and is the visitor gateway to both the University and its medieval campus.
The Old Town House plays host to King's Museum with a programme of changing exhibitions displaying material from the University’s Recognised Collections of National Significance. It is also a starting point for the Walking with History self-guided tour of Old Aberdeen.
A comprehensive map of the Old Aberdeen (King's College) campus.